About Dr. Juan Arellano
Dr. Juan Arellano is a highly-skilled Bariatric Surgeon and a leader in the field of laparoscopic bariatric surgery. As an experienced weight loss surgeon, Dr. Arellano has successfully performed thousands of bariatric procedures and has participated in countless bariatric weight loss surgeries throughout his 15 year career.
He maintains an impeccable reputation in the field of surgery and has worked alongside several world-renowned surgeons. Dr. Arellano specializes in the most cutting-edge types of bariatric surgery including: Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, Lap Band, Gastric Imbrication, Gastric Balloon, Duodenal Switch, Ileal Transposition and Revision Surgery. He has dedicated his life to helping obese patients achieve their ideal weight, so that they might go on to enjoy a long and healthy life.
Dr. Arellano also works at the renowned Almater Hospital in Mexicali, Mexico, where he specializes in general surgery and bariatrics. During his early years, he worked as a General Surgeon and Obstetrician before finding his true calling as a Bariatric Surgeon.
Dr. Arellano is a current member of the Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM), currently serving as Vice President. He also serves on the Board of Certification for Obesity Surgeons in Mexico and is a co-editor of several obesity health magazines in Mexico. His involvement in the field of obesity care expands internationally, as he is a member of several international obesity organizations. Dr. Arellano has been recognized by his peers as one of the most knowledgeable doctors in the industry and regularly instructs workshops and serves as an expert panelist on obesity at conferences throughout the world.
Medical License, Certificates & Studies:
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- General Surgery and Obstetrician – Autonomus University of Baja California (Mexicali, Mexico)
- Postgraduate Degree in Bariatric Surgery (Santiago, Chile)
- Specialty in Surgery and Laparoscopy – Centro Medico Nacional del Occidente (Guadalajar, Mexico)
Professional Memberships & Associations:
- Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO) Latin America
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) USA
- Mexican Association of General Surgery, A.C.
- National Federation of Colleges and Associates of Specialists in General Surgery
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- School of General Surgeons of Mexicali