Duodenal Switch and Revisional Surgery
The Duodenal Switch procedure promotes weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be eaten (via vertical gastrectomy or reduction of the stomach volume) and restricting the number of calories absorbed by the body. Because the duodenal switch is a more metabolically active surgery, the procedure results in the greatest weight loss and helps resolve many physical issues like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. This procedure was primarily developed for those individuals who primarily consume fatty foods because of the operation’s selective fat malabsorption.
Why choose the Duodenal Switch?
- Statistically greatest weight loss of all weight loss surgeries or procedures
- Highest resolution of diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure) and hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol and high triglycerides)
- Effective choice for patients with a diet high in fatty foods
- NO dumping syndrome due to preservation of the stomach’s “pyloric valve”
- Dramatic reduction in hunger and appetite due to the removal of the portion of the stomach which produces GHRELIN (the hunger hormone)
If you are contemplating bariatric surgery and would like to know more about this procedure, contact us to speak with Dr. Arellano to determine if this weight loss surgery option is the right one for you.